Wait Timer Social Story and Visual Timer Tool
Wait Timer is a visual and audio tool to help people with waiting. The app includes a social story about waiting, and an audio/visual tool for waiting that can be set to different times.
- Great color-coded visual timer that shows the time ticking away.
- Settings to easily change the “wait” time.
- Social story that talks about waiting and waiting strategies.
- Wait time is the time of the whole clock (full circle), so users can always clearly see time remaining.
- Helps students with transitions between tasks.
- Timer does not re-set if device “goes to sleep.”
- Set the timer to as little as one second to gradually introduce waiting!
- No minimum or maximum times, the Wait Timer can time as little or as much time as you want.
- App runs in the background and notifies you when time has elapsed, phone calls will not re-set your timer!
- Start the timer with just one click so students and children can use it independently.
The app opens up to a screen with a large timer on it and a “start” button.” Once the button is tapped the timer will start counting down the last time set in the “settings.” As the hand on the timer clock moves the clock face will go from colored to white, letting the waiter see how much time is remaining.
The app also includes a social story about waiting and the Wait Timer. The social story talks about frustration that may happen with waiting, and how to wait for something you want.
The settings and instructions screen allows you to choose the amount of time the timer is set for, and includes instructions for the parent or caregiver on how to introduce the Wait Timer.
We know how limited resorces can be. To help support classrooms we offer free apps to educators.
Give us your name, school and work email and we'll send you Wait Timer Social Story and Visual Timer Tool for free.
Supplies are limited, one app per month and educators only.